recent buzz... Added aerial photo coverage for St. Clair County Alabama in the year 1957 and 1958. View...
Topic Title         Old Maps not showing up anymore
2017-03-13 12:30:15 creesejr I love the site, and the new layout looks great, but I cannot access any of the old maps anymore for Oklahoma. Checked the other threads and there is no scroll bar to find the others. They are there when I log in, but as soon as it is done they disappear except for the top 4 years???
2017-03-16 11:27:59 shermancahal All topo maps seem to be unavailable. I also cannot access acme.mapper.com for topo maps.
2017-03-16 11:34:14 Jeff Not sure what you mean by all topo maps seem to be unavailable. They are working just fine for me in chrome, mozilla, and IE at the moment.
2017-03-16 11:58:05 shermancahal They seem to be back up. They were not appearing for any city as of 1115 EST.
2017-10-12 14:07:35 skucera I have to agree with Creesejr. There are several threads in here where the user is stating the the old maps are not visible and there is no scroll bar. The response from the mods is always, we can see them and they are still there. Use the scroll to get to them. Before the update everything was working and after the update the old maps are not there for some users. Is there a solution?
2017-10-13 14:40:55 Jeff What area exactly are you referring to? I just typed in Oklahoma City for a search and it has Topo maps from 2000 back to 1892. Depending on where you're looking the years change. Do you have a specific location that you're referring to, with a specific year you think is missing? Just because an older map was available in one location, doesn't mean one will be available in another. Since you're referencing "several threads...stating the the old maps are not visible" you should also have noticed that the maps that were over 100k in scale were removed (before the website switch) due to a high number of complaints for lack of detail. There are over 100000 files, if files are missing, we'll need a little more info to discover if or why they're missing.
2017-10-16 15:24:59 skucera Jeff, I am looking at Tulsa Ok. in both IE and Chrome on three different computers. Aerials go to 1967 and Topo back to 1955. Previously the topos would go into the teens or older and the aerials maybe into the 40's. Thanks for looking into this.
2017-10-16 15:41:01 skucera Jeff....I think the issue may be that these maps have been removed due to their size. If so, that is a shame because there was a lot of good information on the maps even if it was not crystal clear. For example, I was able to use the latest aerial compared to a 1918 topo to locate exactly where a farm house was located in Broken Arrow. I also was able to determine how old the house was by which map it first showed up on.
2017-10-17 14:01:46 Jeff There were absolutely no images removed from the Aerials. I actually have a layer in another part of the country I want to take down due to lack of quality, but haven't gotten around to it yet. The oldest imagery we have in the entire state is 1953 at this time. Part of Tulsa is covered by the 1954 layer, it just depends on which part of the city you're looking at. As far as the Topos, It's very likely the maps you are referring to are the high scale maps. We are midway through completely overhauling the topo coverage at this point. Until that project is finished we won't be addressing this issue. When we have updated versions of the maps in questions, we can take a look at that time. It will be a few months before all of the files are processed though.
2017-10-18 10:54:27 skucera Thank you Jeff...that is good to know.
2017-10-26 11:41:35 sdanielson I don't see any maps at all. Do you have to have a paid subscription to even view maps?
2017-10-26 11:50:41 sdanielson I stand corrected. The topo maps appear, but the aerials do not.
2017-10-26 12:15:00 Jeff No you don't have to have a paid subscription to view the maps/aerials. What aerials aren't drawing? You may have been looking during a server restart, which just happened a few minutes ago.
Please wait while we prepare your image

It appears that you have exhausted your credits for this month. That's ok, we'll spot you a few until your monthly subscription turns over. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Unfortunately you have spent your quota of credits for the month. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (480) 967-6752.

As a subscriber you are allocated a set number of credits each month. By downloading imagery you will use one or more of your monthly credits.  Topo downloads are included with your subscription and will not be subtracted from your credit allocation.  To continue, simply click Ok, otherwise click Cancel.

Don't display this again