recent buzz... Added aerial photo coverage for all of McLennan County Texas in the year 1958. View of Baylor University
Topic Title         View more clearly?
2017-03-23 10:43:37 TWYLA I am not sure if I have chosen the year that I want to purchase. Is there a way I can see it a little more clearly (watermark is ok) before I decide?
2017-03-23 15:12:23 TWYLA I took a gamble & spent $5 to purchase the cheapest option. AND it is so blurry that it is un-usable. Am I doing it wrong??? Please advise how I can get a CLEAR photo. Thank you!
2017-03-23 16:07:08 Jeff Twyla, I sent you an email. For other users looking at this post. If it looks clear in the viewer window and you've zoomed in to the best point of clarity, make sure you increase the purchase box to about as large as it can get in the window. If you zoom closer 1 level and it starts to look tiled, zoom back out. If the purchase box isn't large enough in the window, it will give you that same tiled image you saw at the lower zoom level at the 1800 pixel size (it'll look even worse at 3600 or 7200). 3600 and 7200 size images give better results at higher zoom levels, in that they will maintain more resolution as you zoom in. If you are too close they will actually look worse. I'll work on a tutorial and FAQ about this topic. The quality of the original photo will also play a factor in the results and scale that you can download the image. One layer may look really clear and crisp and you can zoom in really close, another year may look blurry because the original image quality was not as high in resolution. It's a good practice to look at all of the years you are interested in purchasing to make sure you select a zoom level that will give a positive result for all years of interest. Another option is to purchase different years at different zoom levels. It will take a little bit of legwork initially to get the best results, due to the variance in resolution between years.
2017-09-06 14:26:58 Nells250 So basically, the quality you see on your screen is the quality of the image you purchase, regardless of pixel size you order?
2017-09-06 19:30:51 Jeff Nells, Yes and no. It really depends on the photo and the area you are selecting. If you choose a substantial area, downloading imagery at 7200 pixels will allow you to zoom in and maintain more of the original resolution when doing so. If you're focusing on one location, like a house, commercial building or a few lots, then the larger pixel downloads will not be useful unless the image is REALLY high resolution. They can actually make it worse, where you'll get a tiled effect. Each location and image is different, but a good rule of thumb is to stick to the lower pixel download when choosing a smaller area. The larger pixel count translates more to photo size than it does resolution. You're blowing the image up 2x or 4x with the higher pixels. If you don't select a large enough area to do that, then you're going to end up with a very pixelated image. If you need help, feel free to email the contact us email under support and we can try give you some pointers or tips.
2018-06-25 12:23:48 Rdinap Would a hard copy show more detail than a downloaded one? Is so, is there any way to see that online before purchasing?
2018-06-27 12:41:55 Jeff

Not really.  There is a bit of clean-up done with the print shop on hard copies. So it may give  a bit more contrast, however the resolution and clarity of the photo is what you see in the viewer.  

Please wait while we prepare your image

It appears that you have exhausted your credits for this month. That's ok, we'll spot you a few until your monthly subscription turns over. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Unfortunately you have spent your quota of credits for the month. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (480) 967-6752.

As a subscriber you are allocated a set number of credits each month. By downloading imagery you will use one or more of your monthly credits.  Topo downloads are included with your subscription and will not be subtracted from your credit allocation.  To continue, simply click Ok, otherwise click Cancel.

Don't display this again