recent buzz... Added aerial photo coverage for all of Virginia Beach Virginia in the year 1958. View of Naval Air Station Oceana
Topic Title         Watermarks
2017-02-23 06:25:53 ccman51 Many banks will not accept aerial photo's with watermarks, so you are handing business to your competitors. Let's make this simple. How about you need a subscription to even get the viewer, so you can eliminate the watermarks and allow copying without that shitty pop-up on the screen?
2018-02-25 11:01:30 samiller63 Point me to the competitors. I'll put up with the water marks in order to use it for my purpose and be able to use it for free. If you can get what you need else where, then why are you using this site? Curious.
2018-03-20 11:50:10 Jeff

Sorry, I missed this.... If we stopped allowing people to use the viewer all together, wouldn't we still be handing business to competitors, if that is in fact what we're doing.  On top of that, even if we did eliminate the free viewer, we wouldn't eliminate the watermarks entirely.  Even as a subscriber, you still have to order imagery or download using your credits to get the watermarks removed.  The amount of time energy and effort to put all of this imagery together is substantial, we aren't going to put the imagery up without having it watermarked.   So if we did what you're suggesting, I think we'd be pushing away the business that is coming in from hobyists, and hostorians, aerial enthusiasts.  We have a ton of users that just like to get on and look through old imagery, look at change in the land over time, and are just plain hisotry lovers.  That's half of the fun of this website.  

ccman51, As far as your frustration with the pop-up, what exactly are you referring to?  Some of the subscriber pop-ups have the option to turn them off and stop returning.  If there's something that's specifically bothering you, then maybe we can consider other options or a solution.  I also wanted to make sure you're aware of the Jpeg downloads and pdf reports builders that you can use for creating a nice aerial report quickly all within our system?   Since you are a subscriber, I wanted to make sure you're making use of your free downloads.   

Please wait while we prepare your image

It appears that you have exhausted your credits for this month. That's ok, we'll spot you a few until your monthly subscription turns over. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Unfortunately you have spent your quota of credits for the month. To get more credits before then, you might want to consider bumping your subscription to the next level. Otherwise, just wait until when you'll receive a new allotment for the month. If you still aren't satisfied, we would be happy to discuss your situation. Just call us during business hours at (480) 967-6752.

As a subscriber you are allocated a set number of credits each month. By downloading imagery you will use one or more of your monthly credits.  Topo downloads are included with your subscription and will not be subtracted from your credit allocation.  To continue, simply click Ok, otherwise click Cancel.

Don't display this again